Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sproutings are coming along : Peas are going like gangbusters. Lettuce making a good showing. Carrots are prettye whimpy overall. I reseeded the carrots - just wet the soil and put a pinch of the (TINY) seeds on top. Keeping them watered. Planted some token basil as well, but no sign of life yet there. I did add a grow light - clamp on shop light with a single 65 w bulb. That in addition to the window exposure seems to have helped. I leave it on from about 7 am until about 9 pm...

In other news - the washer hot water line is clogged somewhere between the inlet to the washer and the weir into the tub... Tried cleaning out the filter on the inlet and even puncturing the filter. No water coming through on the hot setting... I can clean with cold - but it's another situation like the oven. Do I really want to spend another $500 on a washer? Can I even get a top load old fashioned washer any more of are the only options the $1500 luxury front load models??? I'll take another stab at clearing the inlet line. Wish me luck! If it doesn't work, it's cold water washing for us for a while... Slowly working my way back to a wood fire stove and a scrub board. The chickens will be the crowning touch!

No comments: