Sunday, February 15, 2009

Planted some peas and lettuce in planter outside. Today is supposed to be a high of 58 deg. and a low of 39. Forecast is between 38 and 68 degrees for the next 5 days. The planter box soil is not as fine as the seed soil I use inside, so I really just barely put the seeds below the surface and covered them with wet paper towels. The challenges will be to keep them moist enough outside, and to see if they get enough light under the tarp.

We will be bringing home some of Mrs. Hicks baby chicks on Friday. They are still small, so they will come home to an indoor dog crate, set up in the master bath. Soon, I'll have to start getting serious about a coop. After my playing around with lashing together the tripods for the peas, I'm wondering if I can lash together a chicken coop out of photinia branches!! Now THAT would be a feat.

2 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

How did I not know this?
I remember raising an indoor chick! It followed me everywhere!

Ahhhhhhhh, thanks for the cheep-cheep-peek back!

Bev Gerard said...

Don't Give Up!
It will work!
Spoken from the farm-to-city experience of your friend in Copper Canyon!

(((hugs)))
Bev