Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Tutor

So, I have just completed my final tutoring session with a particular person who shall remain nameless. This tutor of mine has taught me many things...

1. Wify sells Tom's Shoes.
2. Polichinelles are little clowns, and just one small step in the Nutcracker career ladder.
3. The importance of rubber duckies and Disney Princesses cannot be overemphasized.
4. You can do many amazing things on a graphing calculator. Like figure out what the square root of 16 is. Or 2 + 3.
5. Graphs = good. Fractions = bad.
6. Pi Day is for making pie. (March 14).
7. Latin fusion uses a whole different muscle set than classical ballet, which uses the undermuscles (!).

...and so much more.

So, to my tutor ... Thanks for my lessons, for making me smile, and for sharing your knowledge with me! (Insert a big hug here).

1 comment:

Brent said...

I've learned a lot of similar lessons from that same tutor...and that overemphasis on Disney princesses? She's not kidding.

And Pi Day is exciting in my home, especially at precisely 3:14.

And ballerinas can blame undermuscles all they want, ultimately it's about innate rhythm when it comes to Latin Fusion proficiency (according to the big sister, anyway).