Sunday, January 2, 2011

Half Century

This the half century year for those of us born in 1961. The older I get, the more aware I am of two things:

(1) Time moves much faster at 50 than at 20. When you are 20, people who are 50 warn you of this phenomenon. 20 year olds don't get it. George Bernard Shaw was probably 50 when he wrote "Youth is wasted on the young".

(2) I waste so much time every day doing things and worrying about things that just don't matter, instead of focusing on the people around me. We are here to build relationships - with God, with our families, friends, neighbors.

So in 2011, I will spend more time with those around me, and be a better listener - focus. I will give more of my time to my family and my church. I will take some chances and try to experience more: jump out of the rut every now and then.

Here's to the Half Century Year!

3 comments:

dorz11 said...

Amen! Right there with you!

jlester01 said...

ha. so far, not doing so good am i dear...

False-River said...

Deep, rather deep. Yes, time moves on faster as you age perhaps because you subtly know you are closer to your maker. Listen to me, and I am only 70 or almost 71.