Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Music

The Diner question a few days back was "What are the last five songs you have purchased?"

Before I left for my trip, I knew I needed some new tunes for the shuffle... So, here's what I purchased (the long list)

1. Your Long Journey (Robert Plant and Alison Krauss)

There have been several unlikely duets recently (Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou Harris just didn't work for me...) , but these two are great.

2. I Love You and Budda Too (Mason Jennings)

This song could be the Unitarian's anthem, but I love Mason Jennings.

3. Pocketful of Sunshine (Natasha Bedingfield)

Great beat, great uplifting song. It should suffer from enormous overplay this summer.

4. Gold Digger (Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx)

I have to giggle over the use of the word "featuring" on duets and collaborations these days. Jamie Foxx channels Ray Charles and takes huge liberty with his song "I Got a Woman". The message is distressing, but may paint a pretty accurate picture of relationships in America today, but when I need something to get me moving and keep me going, kanye delivers....

5. Prickly Thorn but Sweetly Worn (The White Stripes)

I don't like everything they do, but I like this one.

6. My Moon, My Man (Feist)

7. So Lonley (The Police)

8. The Bed's Too Big Without You (The Police)

Always liked the early ska tunes from The Police. Most of their later stuff I've had my lifetime fill of...

9. If I Never See your Face Again (Maroon 5 feat. Rihanna)

There it is again.... "featuring".....

10. Realize (Colby Callait)

A really sweet song, that makes me think of my hubby...

11. Stonger (Kanye West)

See #4. It's an addiction.

12. I Will Possess your Heart (Death Cab)

Dedicated to my senior math class (Ryan, Alyssa, Preston, Annie, Blake). They forbade me to change the station when this song came on during our trip to Chilis....

Ok, there you have it!

3 comments:

dorz11 said...

Man o man, you did some serious surfing of the itunes to get this list. I'll have to check some of these out. I'm afraid to listen to Realize though :-O

Brent said...

I'm glad to see that The Police were highly involved. I think they're terribly underrated as time goes on. They seem to be the forgotten bunch of some great 80's music.

dorz11 said...

Need to add some Michael Feranti too. His new stuff sounds pretty good!