Friday, June 6, 2008

French.

I took french classes in school from 7th grade through my freshman year at college. My french teacher (Sister Annette/"Ma Soeur Annette") sponsored trips to France during my sophomore and junior years in high school. We went to Tours, the Loire Valley, and Paris the first visit, and just got to spend a week in Paris on the second. Given the chance of a redo, I might have tried to major in French. Or Russian.

Growing up in NY, knowing French was sort of useful because there were a lot of French Canadians that lived in the area, and New Yorkers of French descent. In Texas, not so much.

Check out the French word of the day widget....

Amusez-vous tous!

3 comments:

dorz11 said...

mon cher, I love it when you speak French to me (said using the Gomez voice). To bad we didn't live in Louisiana then you could use that French!

Schweers' Mom said...

I spent lots of hours and sweat learning German. Yup. That really helps me here in Texas. When Craig and I first married we lived in McAllen (6 miles from Mexico). When I was job searching I was asked if I was bilingual to which I always replied "YES!" And then, "oh, you speak Spanish!" Geez. Bilingual doesn't mean English and Spanish, folks! Grrr.

jlester01 said...

Lori, that's pretty funny. There's got to be some little town in the hill country where you could do a German Immersion weekend!