Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today's Adventure in Biking : The Bank

In my effort to exercise my heart and my independence from foreign oil, I decided to ride my bike to the bank. (4.8 miles there, 12 minutes by car according to Google Earth). I check my route, lighten up my backpack (get rid of the books I don't need), check the time (12:22), hop on my bike and set out. Despite a pretty good head wind, I made it there in about 30 minutes, with about 20 of those on bike trails away from the road. The path goes through "The Valley" section of Lewisville, which means that getting there (and coming back) I coast the first half of the ride, and pedal the second half. So, when I get to the bank, I'm a little sweaty and breathing, but that's ok. This is do-able! I go into the bank, open my backpack, and - yup. Left the stuff for the bank at home with the books! So, jumped back on the bike, and headed for home. Got home, checked the watch - 1:22. I'm ok with that... But of course, now I have to go to the bank.

1 comment:

dorz11 said...

So sorry to hear that. At least you got your work out in!