Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sounds of Lewisville


Brave Combo in Old Town Lewisville last night. Free (great) music from a Grammy Award Winning band. If you haven't heard of them, you should check them out. Really talented guys, Check these out on iTunes :

1. I Can See for Miles
2. Don't Get Married
3. Disappear (a perennial favorite!!)
4. Flying Saucer
5. Mystery Spot Polka
6. In Heaven there is no Beer

Oh there are so many more songs to enjoy. They have released about a billion CDs and we have all but 2 I think. We used to go see them live... alot. A few (10!?) years ago, we saw them on 3 consecutive nights. One of those nights we packed up the bongos, shaker eggs and the kids and hauled it to Waco! I think we danced 'til midnight. We saw them at Sons of Herman hall where they asked Jim and I to leave the dance floor during our attempt at polka-ing. We saw them in Denton with Charlotte and Robert. We saw them in Deep Elum where there was about a postage stamp sized dance floor, and the die hards insisted on waltzing. I first saw them with Jim (and Dave and Becky) in Denton at Ricks before it burned down - one of our first "dates" I think. Tomorrow, I think I'll dig out all the old CDs and make it a Brave Combo day.

4 comments:

Brent said...

Who kicks anybody off a dance floor for any reason? What's up with that?! And, for that matter, I'd LOVE to see photos of you two with bongos and shaker eggs ANYWHERE! :)

dorz11 said...

I think the kicked off the dance floor incident was at the Czech Club where the patrons are a bit more serious about their dancing..

oh my, so many good times back in the day!

jlester01 said...

Yeah. That's it. Czech Club. Lots of light and serious dancing.

Schweers' Mom said...

I love their version of "Hokey Pokey." They play every year at the Denton Jazz Fest.