Friday, June 26, 2009

Funny.... The way it is...

There was an article in our town news on Wednesday. It was interesting in a couple of ways.

Here is a part of it.

" Marcus High School is one step closer to having a football stadium with a 4-1 vote by the Flower Mound Planning and Zoning commissioners on Monday.
Commissioners approved a variety of waivers for the plan, including allowing all overhead utilities to remain.
... G & A Consultants Engineer Von Beougher said burying the utilities would cost the (LISD) more than $1 million.
'That's $1 million in improvements -- if you want to call them improvements -- that really wouldn't serve any educational value to the students,' Beougher said."

Hmm. Where to begin?

Maybe with some pictures...
















These are just a few of the power lines that the builder doesn't want to bury.





















This monstrosity is in our back yard.

I don't know whether this spider web of cables that runs the length of Waketon Blvd has anything to do with it, but our power historically goes out on a cloudy day. I'm pretty sure I want to call "burying the cables" an improvement.
















































This is the construction zone where work has already begun on the new football stadium that has not yet been approved by the Flower Mound P&Z. The baseball stadium has been dismantled, and the state of the art practice field that was built 7 or 8 years ago at a cost of several million dollars has been dug up.


I'm not sure how a new football stadium is serving any educational value to the students, but if your going to spend $35 million on one, couldn't you just bury the cables while you're at it?

Don't even get me started on where the people to fill the 9500 seats are going to park within walking distance of the intersection of Waketon and Morriss...

2 comments:

Brent said...

I actually told Tracy about how I'd just walk to Marcus games from my house--about a mile. I guess people will ignore the shiny new "No Parking During Football Games" signs in your neighborhood.

jlester01 said...

I'm looking forward to the extra income from charging $5 for letting people park in my front lawn!!